" FASHION IS NOT SOMETHING THAT EXISTS IN DRESSES ONLY, FASHION IS IN THE SKY, IN THE STREET, FASHION HAS TO DO WITH IDEAS, THE WAY WE LIVE, WHAT IS HAPPENING"- COCO CHANEL

Sunday, March 20, 2011

HI FASHION NERDS!!!! :)  I KNOW that on my last blog i wrote that i would be showing you guys how to make bottle cap jewerly but im still im the process of collecting  bottle caps so that will be postponed until further notice. Meanwhile I decided to share with you my weekend adventure :)  let me tell you something about myself....I LOVE to wear dresses even in the winter hehehe. This weekend i wanted to wear a dress with leggings but i opened my closet and there was not much of a selection because i recently cleaned out my closet....lol ill let you in on a little secret shhhhh, the mall isnt quite my best friend lol so i wasnt going to the mall for a dress!!! Instead i took my butt to JO-ANN FABRICS!!!! I made two dresses and i spent  less then 20 bucks to make them!! Pictures can be found on the right side. The first dress was made from a gray knitt fabric and I used black knit for the long sleeves. Its pretty short so you can wear shorts if you prefer. The bottom of the dress is shaped at an angel. Its pretty cool because it gives it that edgy look. I wore tights and a pair of old boots from DIRTY LAUNDRY because i like the grundy look. You can also wear it with a belt to accentaute the waist or throw on some boots with heels. The black necklace is just black knitt fabric which was left over from the sleeves, all i did was braid it and tie the ends. You can also wear it as a funky headband like in the third picture. In the fouth picture i made a pink and white tunic with short sleeves. i wore some black boots, a light brown belt and a cross body bag from ALDO which I love! It has long fringes and a triangle flap. I think its a very Boho kinda look. Well that was my weekend adventure full of Fantastic sewing lol... Be creative guys and remember LA VIDA ES BELLA/ LIFE IS BEAUTIFULL
outfits--photos - and editing made by lizzy the Fashion Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment